Australians have access to different variations of blackjack. You can play blackjack online at the best Australian online casino sites. Once you grasp the rules of blackjack and strategies, you will love to play real money blackjack very much. To help you achieve this goal, we have written a comprehensive guide featuring the most crucial things you need to know:
- The rules of playing blackjack,
- The kinds of blackjack you can find online,
- The best blackjack strategies and systems to use,
- The best real money blackjack casinos in Australia to play at.
Lastly, we will provide answers to frequently asked questions.
Best Australian Real Money Blackjack Casinos in 2023
- Best Australian Real Money Blackjack Casinos in 2023
- How to Win at Blackjack: Best Strategies for Players
- What are the rules of Blackjack?
- What are the different types of Blackjack?
- Best Blackjack Strategies That Work in 2023
- Best Live Blackjack Casino Sites in Australia
How to Win at Blackjack: Best Strategies for Players
Everyone wants to win when they play blackjack. However, those who arm themselves with the best strategies have better odds of winning. Later, we will share the best ways to play the game in 2023. For now, here are some of the things you can do to increase your probability of doing well.
- If you have a small bankroll, select 5$ minimum deposit casinos. Some of these online casinos provide free blackjack games.
- It is easier to win when the house edge is lower. So, focus on where the dealer stands. If it is on a Soft 17, the winning odds are high.
- Look for a blackjack table that provides the double down to reduce the house edge and win. Depending on your casino’s rules, you can double down any two cards. However, the majority will only allow a 10 or an 11. If you have an ace and the dealer’s upcard is a six, you should double down. But if you have a Soft 20, do not do it.
- To make a decent win, and add more to your bankroll, split your Eights and Aces.
- Do not start playing blackjack without setting your rules about budget and other things. After that, do not stray from these rules and decisions when playing.
- When you are losing throughout, quit, and come back another time.
- Lastly, choose a betting strategy that can help you win while protecting your bankroll.
What are the rules of Blackjack?
Blackjack is a game of Hit or Stand. However, casinos have unique rules they expect all players to follow. Thus, the rules we present in this article are general and can be slightly different at your favourite online casino in Australia.
The basic blackjack rules are:
- The target of every player is to conquer the dealer’s hand without going beyond 21.
- Face cards’ worth is 10, while Aces can have a value of 1 or 11.
- The meaning of Hit is to request another card. Stand means holding your sum and ending your turn.
- While each player begins the game with two cards, one of the dealer’s cards remains a secret until the end of the game.
- When dealt 21 from the beginning, Ace and 10, you get the blackjack.
- Anytime you go past 21 you lose, and the dealer wins regardless of their hand.
- A player can double on a hand that arises from a split, which can triple or quadruple your bet.
- If you are holding two of the same cards, you can split the duo into two hands.
- If you double, you only double your bet and can only get one extra card.
- Although this depends on casino-specific rules, blackjack usually allows you to win 1.5 the amount of your stake.
- The dealer will continue to hit until their cards amass to seventeen or more.
- Split cards mean doubling your bet since every new hand has the same worth as the initial bet.
- The only time you can double, or split is during the first move. You can also do it on the first move of a hand resulting from a split.
- If two aces split, you cannot play on them.
As a new casino player, it is in your best interests to learn its terminologies. Once you do, it will be easier to follow the rules.
These blackjack terms include:
- Split – Players have the permission to divide two cards of the same value into two separate hands. Doing so creates a bet that is similar to the first bet in terms of value.
- Hit – It means to request another card.
- Stand – It is to decide not to take extra cards and to end your turn.
- Double down – It means to double the sum of your bet when hitting. The action produces one more card followed by Stand.
- Surrender – When you are about to lose the hand, you may surrender. To surrender is to give up half of your bet, although this can only happen before asking for more cards.
- Bet Behind – The term refers to side bets that are available in some casinos. Many people place a bet behind the typical seated seven players and declare that they will win the hand.
- Insurance – You can only take insurance when the dealer’s upcard is an ace. Insurance refers to a bet that is half the worth of the first bet.
If you bust or surrender, the dealer wins without a doubt. If the dealer’s total comes too close to 21, they win too. When their total is 16 or less, they must hit. In contrast, if their total is eighteen or more, they should stand. A Soft 17 means that the dealer must hit and stand if they have a hard 17.
What are the different types of Blackjack?
Like roulette, blackjack has variations. Regardless of the type you choose to play, the end goal is the same. You must beat the dealer’s hand. As there are several types, we will only outline the most prevalent blackjack games.
Also referred to as classic blackjack, American Blackjack is the most popular of all types. Players can play with one deck or 8 decks. To begin, the player and the dealer receive two cards each. One of the dealer’s cards is a face down known as the hole card. The dealer receives their hole cards before the player decides how to play their cards.
There is a slight variation between European and American Blackjack. In the European game, the dealer receives their hole card only after the player decides how to play their cards. Compared to the American style, the European one is trickier.
Vegas Strip Blackjack
It is popular in the Vegas Strip area, and it involves four decks. During the game, the dealer can peep at their hole card. They must also stand when on Soft 17. After splitting the aces, players can double down. Additionally, they can split the cards three more times.
A player can substitute between two pairs of cards that they receive. Instead of the normal payout of 3:2, the ratio for Blackjack Switch payout is 1:1.
It is when players and dealers play blackjack with live dealers online. Most online casinos in Australia offer Live Blackjack.
It is the typical blackjack with an added privilege. In short, players can go after an ever-increasing jackpot by making an extra one-dollar bet.
Best Blackjack Strategies That Work in 2023
It is necessary to have a strategy when playing any casino game for real money, not just blackjack. Some strategies work effectively, and they are the ones you can apply now and in 2023. If you are a new player, your best choice is the basic blackjack strategy. It is nothing complicated as all you must do is to get familiar with the way a blackjack table works. It is easier to start with fewer decks when new. In basic strategy, players should attempt to minimize the house edge by following all the basic rules. Other reliable blackjack strategies include:
Martingale System for Blackjack
This betting system is the choice of many blackjack players who do not fear taking risks. It enables you to double your bet size every time you lose a game. The system allows you to secure a good profit if you win one hand. All in all, followers of the Martingale system can lose a lot of money too.
Cautious approach for Blackjack
If you win, you should increase your bet and play the game again. Hence, the system allows players to stake the money they can afford to lose. Also, it ensures that they can survive after losing constantly.
Surrender System for Blackjack
Although you might not believe it, surrender is a good blackjack strategy. If you use it wisely, it can help you minimize the house edge. So it is vital to remember when you must surrender. When you surrender your hand, you also part with half of your original bet. However, the method generally works after the dealer checks if they have a blackjack.
You can use the early surrender approach too, although it is less common in casino sites. It lets you give up your hand before the dealer checks if they have a blackjack. This technique further reduces the house edge. The rules of surrender in many casinos differ. Regardless, you should surrender if you have a total of two cards and have not acted on a hand.
If you like to play multiple-deck blackjack games, you can surrender in two ways. First, you can surrender a hard total of 16 if the dealer has a 9, 10, or an Ace. Again, you can give up your hand if the dealer has a 10 or an Ace and you have a hard total of 15.
Best Blackjack Sites in Australia
The following is a table showing the top blackjack casino sites in Australia and the types of casino games they offer.
|Online Casino||Blackjack Games|
|Golden Crown Casino||Blackjack Platipus |
Blackjack Platipus VIP
|Loki Casino||Blackjack VIP |
Classic Speed Blackjack
|Kings Chance Casino||American Blackjack |
Blackjack multi-hand VIP
Blackjack royal pairs
|Katsubet||Classic Blackjack Gold Series |
European Blackjack Gold Series
Vegas Strip Gold Series
Vegas Single-deck Gold Series
|National Casino||American Blackjack |
Single Deck Blackjack
Super 7 Blackjack
|Casinochan||Classic Speed Blackjack |
Blackjack VIP L
Blackjack VIP M
|Playamo Casino||Classic Speed Blackjack series |
Blackjack A, B, and C
Best Live Blackjack Casino Sites in Australia
For those who prefer to play blackjack live online, here is a list of the most reliable casinos in Australia. We have also included their live games.
|Online Casino||Live Blackjack Games|
|Playamo Casino||Classic Speed Blackjack 1 |
Classic Speed Blackjack 2
Blackjack Classic 8
Classic Blackjack 30
|Golden Crown Casino||Blackjack 3- Azure |
|Loki Casino||Speed Blackjack K |
|Katsubet||Blackjack Live |
|Fastpay casino||Classic Speed Blackjack series |
Blackjack A,B, and C
|Joefortune||Early Payout Blackjack |
Super 6 Blackjack
|Casinochun||Blackjack Classic 3 Live |
Blackjack Classic 8
Should I play single-deck or multi-deck blackjack games?
It depends on your motive, but sometimes a single-deck blackjack game is the best choice. You are at least 0.5% at a disadvantage when playing a multi-deck game with the same rules as the single-deck game. If you remove a card, the impact is negligible in multi-deck games. The opposite is true about single-deck games. Nevertheless, multi-deck games offer more flexible rules.
If a player counts cards, can they win a lot of money playing blackjack online?
Counting of cards is a trick reserved for experienced blackjack players. It is a principle that you must learn before applying. Whether card counting can earn you huge profits depends on a variety of factors. Some of these include the size of your bankroll, skill level, quality of blackjack games you play, and your overall ability to take risks. If you have all it takes, you might manage to make around one percent of your total bet in the long run. To ensure the card counting method works for you, opt for options like Hi-Lo, Zen, K-O, and others.
What is the most successful way of evaluating a blackjack card game?
It all depends on the type of player you are. Are you new? If yes, take the simplest routes of all. For instance, you should play single-deck blackjack games with the most lenient rules. As an expert card counter, choose quicker and riskier games. If you like company, choose casino sites that offer live blackjack options.
If I want to win at blackjack online, what secret should I know?
As we hinted earlier, blackjack is a game of hit and stand. This implies that players should know when to continue and when to stop. Learning to be attentive can help because you can spot and grab opportunities that can help you win. It is necessary to read widely to understand how blackjack works. There is no secret that you must know before winning. You must dedicate yourself to learning all aspects of the game and practicing what you read.
What is the house hedge percentage for blackjack?
Casinos have unique house hedge percentages. So, you can expect it to be anywhere between 0.19 to 1%.
Is counting cards illegal at most Australian online casinos?
It is not illegal to count cards because it shows you are thinking as you play real money blackjack online. However, casinos do not like the habit of counting cards. If they find you doing it, they can prohibit you from playing again. Other casinos discourage card counting by setting strict blackjack rules. When following such rules, you cannot get much from card counting.
If you want to play blackjack for real money in Australia, get ready for learning that has no end. You must study the game every day because it requires reasoning and thinking. The more dedicated you are, the higher are the odds of comprehending it fully. In this article, we have shared the basic rules you expect to find anywhere you decide to play blackjack. Make sure you learn the rules well to raise your odds of winning. Keep checking strategy charts too to know what may work for you based on your skill level. Finally, play blackjack at any of the casino sites we have recommended for your safety and success.